Sunday 8 January 2012

Proclaim his Might

Today’s Scripture: And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit." Mark 1:7-8.


Reflection: We could be often proclaiming ourselves when presenting our success and some of us could even boast of success in failures. We could be doing this often in the process of sharing our successes and achievement. Even in our truthful or honest explanation there is always an exaggeration which presents a larger picture about us.
How often do we acknowledge the hand of God in what we have achieved? Do we give him the glory that is due his name?
We fail to realize that in the first place if we have been able to achieve anything then it is because God has kept us alive and if there has been anything good accomplished then it is not apart from the grace of God acting in us.
A true proof of Christ action is our life is to give Jesus the rightful place and glory and to proclaim him as ohn the Baptist did; he is mightier than me and because of the gift of his Holy Spirit I am.
Prayer: Lord, help me to humbly acknowledge and proclaim you as my Lord and savior.  
DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment