Monday 2 January 2012

The Solution in Danger


Today’s Scripture: The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me.' 31 I myself did not know him; but for this I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel." John 1:29-31

Reflection:  Beware! We would do all that we could to avoid a situation of danger that would lead to death.  There are sometimes signs and boards put up signifying a danger zone or area. Yet there are some who could in spite of all the warning still throw caution to the wind and thus play with their lives.

But what happens to the person who is ignorant of the warning signs and still continues in the danger zone? Will the person survive? Will they survive to tell their story of their folly and why they failed to see the warning sign? May be someone else will have to do a thorough investigation and warn the world why one should be careful and how?

In the passage of today there are both a danger and a solution highlighted by John the Baptist.  The Solution is Christ; the Lamb of God the only one who can help us escape this danger and the danger that we need to escape from is sin, whose wages is death.  

Prayer:  Lord may your perfect sacrifice and your precious blood wash away all my sin and help me be reconciled to you and one another.

DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment