Wednesday 2 November 2011

Where are You?


Scripture: All that the Father gives me will come to me; and him who comes to me I will not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me; 39 and this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up at the last day." John 6:37-39


Reflection:  Is Jesus referring to the predestination of souls or is it something else? What about Judas, was he not given to him by the Father, then why was he cast out?

Let’s see the process: Could it be that the one’s the Father gives to the Son are the ones who first respond to the grace at work in all humanity by the action of the Holy Spirit.  Not all, in whom grace is at work, respond and turn to the Father but a few. Those few who do respond are given to the Son who shepherds them as the sheep that listen to his voice (Jn. 10: 27).  Jesus never casts them out but they may who are persistent in sin rebellion choose to cast themselves out from his merciful presence as Judas did.

This brings us to the greatest truth: God loves us unconditionally and continues to do so in his Son Jesus no matter how unworthy we may feel on account of our sinfulness.  But those who feel worthy and self confident don’t really feel the need for God and thus choose to cast themselves out.

Prayer:  May I never lose sight of your mercy and love and thus cast myself out of your saving presence.

DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment