Sunday 18 September 2011

Each one is given generously by God


                                  
Scripture: "For the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. Matt 20:1-2

Reflection:  God is in the business of hiring laborers for his vineyard. HE wants laborers who will ultimately produce the fruit which will produce the wine of gladness through their labour.
It is but natural to seek a reward but while seeking a reward we also seek with envy and jealously in our hearts. Who is getting what? How come he or she got more than me? Why am I being discriminated? Why has God given me less gifts than my friend or neighbor? Look, I have put in more and used more of my creative abilities and talent and why is God treating me like this? Am I not better equipped than he/she?  See where you fit in here.

There is no room in God’s vineyard for these faults because ultimately he is generous to all of us. It is only in the comparison we fail to see the generosity of the master. Worse still, we then begin to grumble and even cry foul and cry injustice.

Prayer: Lord, come my eyes to look to you and your generosity towards me in all things and to praise your always for all that you do to hire us lest we go empty of rewards.

DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment