Saturday 12 May 2012

Allow him to Love

Scripture/Bible:  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. 17 This I command you, to love one another. John 15:9-17

Reflection:  There can’t be a better more perfect love than this; unconditional and complete.

In a way Christ Jesus is claiming that he is an extension of the Fathers love, if you do not understand this love of the Father because you have not seen him, no problem. Christ Jesus has made this love visible to us, he is the complete manifestation of the Father’s love.

It’s a statement of great healing, a declaration of hope for the human race who constantly keeps reeling under the burden of hurt and pain on account of the lack of love which they experience as they grow along in the various stages of life and through their daily encounters with each other.

Very rarely can a person say that he or she was loved perfectly. We, each one, from our childhood, if not, from our mother’s womb may have experienced hurt, rejection, lack of appreciation and only criticism. 

There are moments in which we may have cried alone to ourselves for not being loved or cared for, for not being understood or given a thought. We had to literally buy our love by doing better than the others or excel in school or by being mischievous and humorous in our ways or playing the hero or the macho man or through illegal and immoral means.

In the bargain we may have developed hatred towards God and the sudden loss of a loved one may have added to this anger against the God, who is less responsible for our fate or a God who knows how to comfort us, if we allow him, and even make things work for our good.

In the process we may have got further dragged into immoral or wrong company and also into all types of vices, sinful habits or bondage's.Some of us may have given wind to caution or conscience and our conscience no loner troubles us much in the evil we practice. 

Even those who say that they were loved by everyone may at the most fail to communicate that the love with which they were brought up almost bordered on pampered love.

Just spend a moment in prayer, acknowledging and just allow Jesus to speak to your heart right now: “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love.” And encounter him with his special love for you.

Prayer: “Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me!” Ps 66:20

DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment