Wednesday 2 May 2012

Perfect Solution

Scripture/Bible: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him." 8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. 12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; 14 if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:6-14

Reflection:  Where is God? Where do we find him? How do we find him? Is it necessary for us to know, seek and find God? Should the one true God ever be the object of our search or do we continue to do good; if God exists and if he cares he will reward us?
 
All our questions seem to have an answer in Jesus and his one great statement qualifies him and is an invitation for us to believe; “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.”

If you are seeking a perfect path to walk; a destination which you do not know and yet know that you are seeking that eternal freedom and happiness, that ideal knowledge, then it is Jesus, the way with whom you need to walk. 

If when in deep reflection you realize the sense of darkness that surrounds you and are seeking the ultimate truth about life and God, his existence and the necessity of him, then it is Jesus who is the truth that will dispel the darkness. 

If your are seeking to know the meaning of life, its many struggles against daily evil and temptations and why you are here and where life is leading, then Jesus is the life that can overflow you with strength and courage to face each new day with vigor.   

It is like a knowledge world and you are seeking the one portal where you can find an answer to all your solutions; a one stop place for all your life’s problem: JESUS CHRIST

For that you need to feel the need, overcome your many fears and accept his love and flee from the guilt that prevents you from approaching him and above all be ready to be obedient to his ways, and he will fortify your will with his grace and wisdom.

Prayer:  Lord I believe that you are the way, the truth and the life and that, ultimately, no one goes to the Father except through you.

DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment