Tuesday 6 December 2011

Take my Yoke


Scripture: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Reflection:  A doctor says come to me if you are sick and a teacher will say; come to me if you want to be educated, a shopkeeper will say come to me to buy your provision and politician will say come to me with your civic problem.

But it’s always a package deal, you got to either pay or give something for the services they render.

But who will handle the deep needs and mental stress that people go through. Jesus offers us the solution. But many of us reject him and what he has to offer. What he offers is a whole package; we want the ‘rest that spells happiness’ but not the ‘yoke of his teachings’.   

Therefore we end up with worldly wise people and psychiatrist and yogi’s and New Age gurus and quick fix experts.  Unfortunately, this problem is not limited to ordinary lay people but to those who are supposed to be close to God by virtue of their consecration.

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for this offer, I accept your word, your teachings and desire to live by it in total submission. 

DD = Dedicated Discipleship:  Come grow in the Lord with us

No comments:

Post a Comment